Day 2 dawned bright and early! Yay! No thunderstorms today. Plus its TGIF moment/ day/ revelation. While the hankering for tangy , spicy is inbuilt in my genes, the heat outside also meant I was not willing to eat something that was “right of the stove” kind. So needed something, that is cold and crunchy and yielded all nutrients as well and Voila!
Thai fusions – Quinoa Veg salad with Crunchy Cashews
Cooking time : 15 min Prep time : 15 min Serves : 4
- Cooked Quinoa : 2 cups
- Broccoli slaw : ¼ cup thinly sliced or finely chopped
- Cucumber : ¼ cup thinly sliced or finely chopped
- Red Cabbage : ¼ cup thinly sliced or finely chopped
- Sweet mini peppers : ¼ cup thinly sliced or finely chopped
- Raw or firm Mango : ¼ cup finely diced
- Cilantro: ¼ cup finely chopped
- Toasted Cashews : 12-14 halves
- Red Onion : ¼ cup thinly sliced ( optional)
- Peanut Butter : 3 tbsp
- Fresh Ginger or Mango ginger, grated :1 tsp
- Soy sauce : 2 tsp ( optional)
- Honey : 1 Tbsp
- Red wine Vinegar : 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil : 1 tsp
- Sriracha hot sauce : 1 tsp ( optional )
- Luke warm water : 3 Tbsp
- Wedges of Lime /Lemon : Garnish
Prep work, Assembly and Serve:
For the dressing:
- Add in all the ingredients for the dressings in a bowl and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add in more water , if you would like to thin it out a bit more.
- In a large bowl combine the vegetable ingredients of the salad and toss in gently with most of the salad dressing.
- Gently fold in the quinoa.
- Add in the remaining dressing to your taste.
- Garnish with cilantro and chill in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, add in a wedge of lime for garnish and preference.