Day 4 dawns with a sunny and bright disposition.. Hitting 90’s weather and it is still officially spring in NC. Unofficially though it’s like we rolled out of winter with bare cursory knock into spring and right into summer! It’s time for chilled salads, popsicles and fruit treats!
A trip to the grocery yielded much of the bounty but I was so tempted to bring in these sweet white corn. Oh, they looked just perfect !
And todays lunch called for cold, crunchy nutritious salad.
Minimal ingredients, low effort , awesome satisfaction..
Chilled Sweet Corn Salad Ingredients:
- Sweet white/ golden Corn ears: 4
- English seedless cucumber : 1( finely chopped)
- Sweet baby carrots : 8( finely chopped)
- Mint leaves : A handful ( finely chopped)
- Cilantro : A handful ( finely chopped)
- Lemon : 1-2 ( juiced)
- Black Pepper : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : 1/4 tsp
- Honey : 1/2 tsp(optional)
- Paprika Flakes : 1/4 tsp (optional)
Preparing the corn:
- In a huge saucepan , boil enough water so you can dunk in the shucked corn ears.
- Boil it in this water, say for about 5 min. The corn ears are al dente and tender , and not mushy or over cooked.
- Drain and cool for about 2-3 min.
- Slice of the kernels.
Preparing the Dressing:
Combine all the ingredients in the dressing category and whisk it lightly together.
Preparing the salad:
- Combine the sliced kernels of corn(make sure they are separated well and you don’t have any big clumps), cucumbers, carrots and toss it in gently with the mint and cilantro.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Just before serving , add in the dressing and toss it gently.
This is one extremely refreshing salad and you can introduce a ton of variations to this.[yumprint-recipe id=’9′]