Totally easy peasy vegan smoothie bar into a popsicle.. No added sugar of any kind but so smooth without any ice crystals either .. Magic ?? Nah…
Scorcher of a day : check
You need a popsicle : check
Don’t want extra sugar in it : check
Don’t want to spend extra time on it : check
Smoothie in a popsicle:: How did you do that??
Would you like a techie geek’s popsicle or the simple plain kind?
Aaaah…. the glorious days of summer vacation has begun! Kids love it naturally. Where else can you just chill out in hot blazing sun. And also because they know they would be loaded with treats and so many of them. While we do occasionally enjoy and indulge in fancier preps, a fresh juicy fruit in a smoothie or popsicle is always welcome as this kind is the super healthy and super quick to make .Just 4 ingredients. No added sugar and just perfect for a hot summer day.
I had spied a neat set of Robot popsicle mold or casing in Home goods.. And had to have it. My youngest one is currently on that phase and would totally enjoys decimating robots. Go figure !
So while we chug along in the prep for Father’s day this weekend.. We made this quick and easy one, loaded with the fresh fruits of summer and gorgeous !
Without much ado here is the recipe. I sure hope you enjoy it as well..
- Prep time : 5-8 minutes chopping + 15 minutes initial freezing + 5 minutes of blending time
- Freezing time : 6 hrs. – overnight
- No. of Popsicles : 6-12 depending on the size
- Banana : 1 ( sliced)
- Strawberries : 8-10 ( sliced)
- Orange : 1 ( quartered)
- Orange juice / Water : 1/4 cup
- If using orange juice, please do consider the no added sugar kind
- Honey : 1 Tbsp. ( optional)
- Prep the fruits and freeze them for about 15 minutes. This will aid in smooth blending.
Blending, popsicle molds and freezing:
- Add the prepped fruits and a 1/4 cup of water or sugar-free orange juice to help in the blending process.
- Blend super smooth. In my Nutri Bullet it took about a couple of minutes or so.
- Taste the mix before freezing please . If you end up with super tart strawberries or oranges, a Tbsp. of honey or so will definitely help to balance it out.
- Pour out into the casings or molds of choice and freeze .
- To unmold, run it under hot water and you should get it put fairly easy.
- Enjoy guilt free Popsicle!