Blazing away at 100 F, we are expecting thunderstorms in NC. And the wisdom tooth decides to show yours truly who the boss was. Flared up and enduring nagging pain was not how I thought I would be spending a Friday ! Nope definitely not fun and unplanned for.
And while A1 has a packed schedule , A3 learns to work on his team skills and to compete in the swim team. A winner by attitude more than by numbers is what I would like for him to pick up this summer.
A2 weasels her way out of gym practice and her doe eyes plead for a summer treat as she fans herself to get some respite against the warm weather. And while we toss about if it would be a berry cheesecake ice-cream, or mango ice cream or cookies and cream one, she pounces on a Speculos butter in a jar and wants to know if we could make one with it.
Creamy with crunchy bits, sweet and with a hint of cinnamon the Speculos cookie butter ( or Biscoff one) is for those indulgent days at home – weekends, celebrations or pick me up. Pair it with fresh whipped cream and some condensed milk and you have wonderful creamy, soft serve ice cream ready to drool for! Add in some crunchy Heath toffee bits and its a perfect combination . Just 5 ingredients and you are on your way to create a fantastic and bowl licking summer treat. It’s quite irresistible as licked fingers hold a testament to this at home. Go on, enjoy !
Important Tip : Please make sure your whipping cream, the mixing bowl and whisk is quite chilled to begin with. I recommend leaving it in the refrigerator overnight .
Prep time : 15 min
Freezer time : 6 hrs. – overnight
Serves : 8-12
- Heavy whipping cream : 2 cups
- Speculos / Biscoff cookie butter : 1 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk : 7 oz. or 1/2 tin
- Pure vanilla extract : 1 Tbsp.
- Heath crunchy toffee bits : 1/2 cup
- In your well chilled mixing bowl, add in the 2 cups of heavy cream ( chilled) and start by whisking on slow ( so you do not splatter your walls) and increase to high speed whisking to yield soft peaks.
- Add in the condensed milk , vanilla extract and whisk it very well and then add in the cookie butter and whisk it well again so the final result has a soft peak consistency.
- Add in the toffee bits, gently stir it in and pour it into freezer safe bowl. Make sure the container can be covered air tight and let it freeze for atleast 6 hrs to overnight.
- Serve in dark chocolate dipped waffle bowls, cones , with or without sprinkles or eat it straight out of the container on a grueling day !
Happy Summer !!!